I love this week, it is the unofficial beginning to the golf season in my book. In Buffalo, NY the golf season started early this year. The courses are already open and instead of sitting on the couch and watching the snow melt, golfers can get on the course this year. I will still be watching The Masters this week in between hitting some shots of course! I like a couple of guys this week to win at Augusta.
1. Rory Mcllroy – He is the number one player in the world. He hits the ball long and can keep it in play. He was going to win the tournament last year until the 10th hole happened.
2. Luke Donald – This guy gets up and down from everywhere, he went like 450 holes without 3 putting, and he keeps it in play. I like his chances this week.
3. Phil Mickelson – He is having a good year, with a win at the Northern Trust while paired with Tiger in the final round. If he does not miss 3 footers he has a good chance to put the green jacket back on again.
4. Jason Day – This guy had his best finish at the Masters last year, T2. He is a very talented Aussie who is ready to break through. He is my sleeper pick.
5. Tiger Woods – Not much to say here, if his game is on he is still the best in the world. He seems to be getting his confidence back after his win at Bay Hill.
It will be a great week at Augusta, as this is one of the most anticipated Masters Tournaments in a long time. Remember this shot, it will get the Masters juices flowing.